Thursday, February 11, 2010

Supporting My Tomatoes - Through the Snow??


Well, here's a subject near and dear to my worrying heart, questioning, never knowing which might prove the best, researching to see what worked for others, EVERYONE advises something different!!  Last couple years' projects worked but were too cumbersome, don't like the little metal supports - too frail for my boisterous plants.  But last week, I found what I wanted - I knew it the minute I saw it.

These are awesome - SIMPLE, STURDY - just the thing.  I think they'll even work for the next row, for the peppers, just a bit shorter!  And for bonus points --  I have wood I can re-use to make them!!

So yes, I did mention that I found this last week, totally excited about getting the garden ready and then what happened?  Well, it snowed, and snowed, and snowed, and snowed, and snowed.  I won't even SEE my garden now for weeks, under 4+ feet of snow!  Yikes!  Wonder what would have happened if I had gotten my row covers out this year, under that much snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment